The Vanderbilt Law Library's collection of legal resources includes electronic databases, texts of laws, treatises, periodicals, loose-leaf services, and microforms. Librarians trained in the use of legal materials are available to assist patrons, but they are not permitted to give legal advice, interpret legal materials, or explain how the law applies in a particular situation.
During the academic year, librarians are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Catherine Deane, M.A. (Anthropology), M.L.S., J.D., Room 142D, 322-5927
- Stephen Jordan, M.S.L.S., J.D., Room 214, 322-3814
- Jason Sowards, M.S. (Economics), M.S.L.I.S., J.D., Room 210, 322-1438
Useful Research Links
- Electronic Databases
- Law on the Web (free web sites for legal research)
- ACORN - Vanderbilt's Library Catalog
Catalogs at Other Libraries
- KUDZU Search a catalog consisting of the collections of a consortium of southeastern research libraries. Items can be requested from participating libraries.
- Library of Congress Catalog
- Nashville Public Library
- Project Athena Catalog of the Nashville Area Library Alliance
- The Tennessee State Library & Archives
Please report any broken links to Jason Sowards.