2007 Order of the Coif members announced
Sep 20, 2007
Dean Edward L. Rubin has announced the admission of 22 members of Vanderbilt Law School’s Class of 2007 to the Order of the Coif, an honorary scholastic society that recognizes students who graduate in the top 10 percent of their class.
Vanderbilt’s 2007 inductees into the Order of the Coif include:
- Melody Rachel Barron. Melody, who earned her B.S. at Northwestern University, is now an associate with Schiff Hardin in Chicago. She is originally from Ridgefield, Connecticut.
- Natalie Marie Beal McLaughlin. Natalie is an associate with Kegler Brown Hill & Ritter in Columbus, Ohio. In 2008, she will begin a clerkship with The Honorable Algenon Marbley on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio in Columbus. A native of Hilliard, Ohio, she earned her B.A. at Miami of Ohio.
- Brian Patrick Boyd. Brian is serving as clerk to The Honorable Alvin Schall on U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, D.C. Originally from Cullman, Alabama, he earned his B.S.E.E. at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Jeffrey Hamilton Chesnut. Now an associate with Fulbright & Jaworski in Dallas, Jeff earned his B.S. at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. He is a native of Augusta, Georgia.
- Joshua D. W. Collins. Josh is an associate with Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis in Nashville. Originally from Durban, South Africa, he earned his B.A. at Anderson University.
- Benjamin Grant Dickson. Grant is an associate with Latham & Watkins in Washington, D.C. Originally from Nashville, he earned his B.A. at Washington & Lee.
- Julie Maria Glover. Maria is serving as clerk to The Honorable J. Harvie Wilkinson III on U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Charlottesville, Virginia. She is a native of Maryville, Tennessee, and earned her undergraduate degree at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
- Lori Suzanne Gutzman. Lori is serving as clerk to The Honorable Gilbert Merritt, Senior Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit in Nashville. Originally from San Antonio, Texas, she earned her B.A. at Vanderbilt.
- Laura Michelle Hardesty. Laura is an associate with Kirkland & Ellis in Chicago. Originally from Hamilton, Ohio, she earned her B.S. at Miami of Ohio.
- Mark Mansfield Hosemann. Mark is an associate with Helms Mulliss & Wicker in Charlotte, North Carolina. A native of Jackson, Mississippi, he earned his B.S. at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.
- Cory Dean Kandestin. Cory is an associate with Richards Layton & Finger in Wilmington, Delaware. Originally from Montreal, he earned his B.A. at McGill University.
- Devon McKechan Largio. Devon is an associate with Kirkland & Ellis in Chicago. A native of Gillespie, Illinois, she earned her A.B. and the University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign.
- Lesley Karen Lawrence-Hammer. Lesley is an associate with Howrey in Washington, D.C. Originally from White Oak, Texas, she earned her B.A. at Texas State University in San Marcos.
- Julia Ann Lehning. Julia is serving as clerk to The Honorable John Rogers on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Lexington, Kentucky. Originally from Milford, Michigan, she earned her B.A. at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- Jared Paul Lenow. Jared is serving as clerk to The Honorable Lee Rosenthal on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas in Houston. A native of Wayland, Massachusetts, he earned his B.A. at Swarthmore.
- Philip Meriwether Lewis II. Philip is now an LL.M. candidate at New York University School of Law. A native of Memphis, Tennessee, he earned his B.B.A. at Southern Methodist University.
- Bradley Charles Reed. Brad is an associate with Kirkland & Ellis in Chicago. A native of Kansas City, Missouri, he earned his B.B.A. at Loyola University-Illinois.
- Rachel Lynn Ricker. Rachel, who earned her B.A. at Saint Olaf, is a native of Lincoln, Nebraska. She is now an associate with Paul Hastings in Washington, D.C.
- Raghu Bryan Seshadri. Raghu is an associate with Wilson Sonsini in Palo Alto, California. A native of Carrollton, Texas, he earned his B.Mus. at the Berklee College of Music.
- Sarah Elizabeth Statz. Sarah is an associate with King & Spalding in Atlanta. A native of Eau Clare, Wisconsin, she earned her B.S.B. at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
- Catherine Phillips Tennant. Catherine is an associate with Davis Polk in New York. A native of Nashville, she earned her B.S. at Duke University.
- Michael Benjamin Weiner. Michael is an associate with Milbank Tweed in New York. Originally from Sea Cliff, New Jersey, he earned his B.A. at Swarthmore.