Aug. 19, 20162016 graduates Calvin Cohen, Larry Crane-Moscowitz, Alex Vey and Clayton Wiggins win Luis v. Awareness Technologies in decision handed down by Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jul. 28, 2016Vanderbilt Law graduates will clerk for judges in federal and state courts in 17 states.
Jul. 27, 2016Porter and classmate Fred Work became Vanderbilt’s first two African American graduates in 1959.
Article by Emily Taylor ’16 on “Waters of the United States” to Be Published in Environmental Law Reporter
Jul. 15, 2016Article Taylor completed as a semester-long research project supervised by Clean Water Act expert J.B. Ruhl to be published in the peer-reviewed journal of the Environmental Law Institute.
Jun. 27, 2016"The Gavel Gap," co-authored by Tracey George with Albert Yoon, shows that more than half of state trial and appellate judges are white men, fewer than a third of judges are women, and fewer than two in 10 judges are a racial or ethnic minority.
Jun. 24, 2016Mayeux writes about American criminal law from both a historical and present-day perspective.
Jun. 1, 2016O’Connor has served on Vanderbilt’s law faculty since 2001, including as associate dean for academic affairs.
Co-authored research by Joni Hersch and Jennifer Shinall addressing women re-entering the workforce attracts international media attention
May. 31, 2016For women re-entering workforce, sharing personal information may get you hired.
News & Events
- VLS Appellate Clinic students secure “big victory for privacy rights”
- 44 VLS graduates will serve clerkships in 2016-17 or future terms
- Civil rights leader and former Oklahoma State Senator E. Melvin Porter ’59 dead at 86
- 09/02/2016 at 12:00 p.m. — 'West Wing Lawyering: The Role of Lawyers in the White House,' a conversation between Michael Gottlieb and Samar Ali
- 09/06/2016 at 12:00 p.m. — Profiling Immigrants: Skin Color and Safety Discrimination in the Workplace