Vanderbilt Law Alumni Requesting Reciprocity
If you, at any time in your career, are seeking employment outside our geographical area, you may have the opportunity to utilize the resources of other law schools nationwide through reciprocal agreements. If you are interested in requesting reciprocity from another law school, please contact Christy Biggs.
Alumni of Other Law Schools Requesting Reciprocity
The Career Services Office of Vanderbilt University Law School will provide reasonable use of its services to graduates of ABA approved law schools on the following terms:
- Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing by a placement official and received in advance of any services being extended to the graduate.
- The career office of a law school requesting reciprocity on behalf of an alum should send an email containing the following information to Christy Biggs.
Name of law school
Name of law alum
Year of graduation of law alum
Email address of law alum
- Reciprocity will be granted on a one for one basis: reciprocity will be granted only to the graduate for whom the request was made and Vanderbilt Law School expects reciprocity to be granted to one graduate in return. Vanderbilt Law School reserves the right to deny or terminate reciprocity for any reason.
- Duration of reciprocity is for three months. No reciprocity is available from June 1 through August 31 due to our on-campus recruiting seasons. Request for renewals will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Job notices for law school graduates or experienced attorneys can be accessed online. Access is password-protected. Once reciprocity has been extended, the Career Services Office will provide a password.
- Reciprocity does not include individual counseling sessions.
- On-campus interviews with prospective employers are not permitted.
- The graduate must wait until s/he has received a copy of our letter granting reciprocity before coming to our office, and should bring that letter with him/her.
The Vanderbilt University Law School Career Services Office is located in Suite 101 of the Center Building at 2014 Broadway. Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Phone: 615-322-6192; FAX: 615-343-8467